Let's be honest, is there anyone who doesn't like Caramel Macchiatos? I didn't think so! So what is a macchiato, and what makes it different to a latte? A macchiato has the highest espresso to milk ratio. We just want to "mark" the espresso with the milk. We want to really taste that yummy espresso. To me, like any fancy coffee I thought it would be too difficult to make at home. But now I've found the easiest recipe for you, so now you can make it at home whenever you want!
NOTE: Like any of these recipes, if you don't have an espresso machine just use strong coffee. And if you don't want all the sweetness and just a macchiato, just don't put in the caramel or vanilla.
What you'll need:
- Espresso (or strong coffee)
- Steamed milk
- Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Syrup
- Drizzle caramel sauce around the inside walls of the cup, and add 2-4 pumps of vanilla sauce.
- Add 2 shots of espresso or your strong coffee into the cup.
- Froth your milk, and add JUST enough to mark the top of the espresso crema.
- Then for an added touch of sugar, drizzle caramel to your hearts content on top!!
And there you go! Hope you enjoy this delicious, yet easy coffee!