Now that it's Christmas season, I felt I had to step up my latte game! Now I've only been making my own lattes since June, but I believe I have learned a lot! But still I think back to when I'd get those delicious Christmas drinks a cafes and wonder how in the world did they make those!? To be honest I still don't know.. but this Eggnog latte tasted pretty darn close to something I could buy! Though it took a tiny bit of effort, when my husband and I sat down to enjoy the fruits of our labour we were not disappointed!
NOTE: These ingredients are to make 2 lattes, so adjust accordingly if you're only making one.
What you'll need for this recipe is:
- Espresso (either 1 shot or 2 per latte), or strongly brewed coffee (1 cup per latte) I used Rolling Hills Coffee Italian Espresso to give it a kick!
- 2 cups of eggnog
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Nutmeg or cinnamon to top
- In a saucepan combine the eggnog and milk over medium heat, (if you are using strongly brewed coffee, combine in the saucepan as well) and warm the mixture for approx. 5 min or until it's warm. Stir regularly.
- Either using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the eggnog mixture until it is nice and frothy. You don't need to do this step if you don't like it frothed, but I think it adds a little something.
- If you used espresso, add your shots to your mug. Then pour the eggnog to fill the rest of the cup and top with nutmeg or cinnamon.
And there you have it! It's easy to just grab a yummy latte to go, but make it a family thing and get them all involved! Personally this was a fun Christmas-y thing my husband and I could do together, and I loved it.